Call for proposals for workshops
Call for proposals for workshops
The SA 2019 Program Committee invites proposals for Workshops to address cutting edge research and developments in technological sciences in the technical scope of the SA 2019 Conference. The Workshop Day will be held on September 3, 2019.
Proposals should be sent to Workshop Day Chairs: Khadidja Chaib Draa ( ) and Marek Miskowicz ( )
Proposals are invited for two types of workshops: workshops based on solicited research papers, and workshops based on invited presentations.
The proposals should be structured as follows:
- Title of the Workshop, and its format.
- Names and contact addresses of all organizers.
- Bio sketches of all organizers (around 500 words) accompanied by a list of their journal publications relevant to the workshop's subject matter(s).
- Reasons which, in view of the organizers, make their proposal relevant and of interest to the SA 2019 Conference attendees
- Summary of the subject matter(s) covered by the workshop - no less then 500 words.
- For WORKSHOPS BASED ON INVITED PRESENTATIONS - Provide outline of the workshop: presentation titles and their order, names and affiliations of the speakers accompanied by their bio sketches (around 300 words), and a list of their relevant journal publications (it does not apply to speakers from industry) relevant to the workshop's subject matter(s).
- For WORKSHOP BASED ON SOLICITED RESEARCH PAPERS: The proposal has to include a list of the workshops Technical Program Committee members.
The selection is highly competitive favoring proposals presenting subject matters with prospects for practical applications. Priority will be given to proposals with speakers from industry.
Organizers are responsible for securing and collating the presentation material to be distributed electronically to the workshops attendees.
Proposals are accepted for half and full day Workshops.
Presenters and Organizers are responsible for obtaining copyright clearance from the appropriate bodies if use in their presentations material subject to copyright laws.
All organizers and speakers are to cover their travel expenses.
Workshops schedule and conditions
WORKSHOPS BASED ON SOLICITED RESEARCH PAPERS:
Organizers are responsible for forming workshop's Technical Program Committee to assist in the review of the submitted papers. Organizers are to act as the Chairs of this Technical Program Committee. A minimum of three review reports are required to make acceptance/rejection decision.
IMPORTANT: The organizers are to use the conference submission system.
The accepted material is to report on significant novel research/development results having a lasting impact on the research area with prospects for implementations.
The final manuscripts must comply with the SA 2019 formatting requirements. The page limit is 8 pages for 0.5 hour presentation.
Organizers are encouraged to submit a proposal as soon as possible to allow ample time for soliciting submissions, but not later then April 7, 2019. Workshops papers will be included in the IEEE eXplore data base and submitted for indexation in World of Science , Scopus as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Deadline for submission of Workshop proposals May 5, 2019 Notification of acceptance of Workshop proposals within a week from receiving proposals Deadline for submission of Workshop papers May 12, 2019 Notification of acceptance of Workshop papers June 3, 2019 Deadline for submission of final manuscripts June 30, 2019 Workshop Day September 3, 2019
All presenting authors and attendees are required to pay an appropriate workshop registration fee. Only one presentation is allowed per single registration fee.
Workshop registration fee does not entitle access to the conference.
WORKSHOPS BASED ON INVITED PRESENTATIONS
The organizers are to ensure slides of presentations are available by the final submission deadline. The collated slides will be distributed to workshop attendees.
Workshop organizers and presenters are NOT required to pay workshop registration fees.
Deadline for submission of Workshop proposals May 12, 2019 Notification of acceptance of Workshop proposals within a week from receiving proposals Deadline for submission of final presentations June 30, 2019 Workshop Day September September 3, 2019
The SA 2019 Conference Organizers reserve a right to cancel a workshop based on Invited presentations if insufficient registrations. The cut-off date is June 30, 2019.
Inquiries should be directed to Workshop Day Co-Chairs: Workshop Day Chairs: Khadidja Chaib Draa ( ) and Marek Miskowicz ( )